Duterte puzzled why Supreme Court taking too long in deciding Prieto’s P1.6B tax fraud




President Rodrigo Duterte is wondering why the Supreme Court has not acted on the case filed against Philippine Daily Inquirer’s owners, the Prieto family, for allegedly misdeclaring taxes of its Dunkin’ Donuts franchise.“There was a case and the case is now for the longest time nasa Supreme Court. 

And I really do not know what’s keeping the Supreme Court from deciding a simple case of back taxes,” said Duterte.“Until now, it’s still in the Supreme Court back to litigation. Because at that time, Kim Henares, the BIR whom I…

Hindi ko talaga alam sa kaibigan ko, ang laki ng respeto ko kay Henares. I even helped her in the campaign sa tax collection sa Davao.

Only to realize that talagang ang problem sa Pilipinas, it is the oligarchy,” said Duterte.Duterte is referring to the P1.6 billion tax fraud uncovered in 2010 by then Bureau of Internal Revenue examiner Dalanon Othello who discovered that the Prietos owed the government P1.6 billion in tax deficiencies and penalties after their Golden Donuts Inc.

allegedly under declared sales and profits of Dunkin’ Donuts in 2007 and 2008.Dalanon resigned in disgust in 2013 after former Bureau of Internal Revenue Commissioner Kim Henares refused to act on what he believed was a clear cut case of tax evasion against the Prietos.

He filed a case of administrative and criminal charges against Henares with the Ombudsman in 2014. The Ombdusman dismissed the case but Dalanon claimed the Ombudsman did not conduct a thorough investigation of the issue.Dalanon raised the issue to the Court of Appeals which also dismissed the case for lack of jurisdiction.

In July 2016, Dalanon filed petiton fo certiorari with the Supreme Court to appeal his case.Duterte, apparently, agreed with his case. “Dunkin’ Donut owes the government one billion six hundred, itong Inquirer. When they editorialize you moaning about corruption and morality. When as a matter of fact, sila ang may utang, hindi binabayaran hanggang ngayon,” said Duterte in a speech last week.

3 comments:

  1. WHAT ELSE CAN WE EXPECT ???

    MOTION FOR EXECUTION OF JUDGEMENT LODGED BY ALPHA OMEGA WORLD DEVELOPMENT MARSHALL PROGRAMME (June 5, 2017). THIS DIRECTIVE BY THE GLOBAL FUNDER WAS INITIATED AFTER THE CLASS-SUIT FILED AT THE SUPREME COURT OF THE PHILIPPINES LAST FEBRUARY 9, 2017, WHEREIN THE FORTY FIVE (45) DAYS REGLEMENTARY PERIOD HAS ALREADY LAPSED / MATURED AND DEEMED ACCEPTANCE OF A DEFAULT JUDGEMENT.
    https://www.facebook.com/alphaomegaworld/photos/a.655271091160260.1073741828.655256701161699/1530349073652453/?type=3&theater

    CLASS-SUIT OF THE CENTRURY (Feb. 9,2017): https://www.facebook.com/alphaomegaworld/photos/a.655271091160260.1073741828.655256701161699/1399649796722382/?type=3&theater

    #AlphaOmegaWorld (MUST READ, LIKE & SHARE)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Supreme court must act now otherwise the will be held accountable ...This Government has no tolerance for corruption.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. "JUSTICE DELAYED Is JUSTICE DENIED" as simple as that.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.